From:September 23, 2021, 12:00 am
To:September 24, 2021, 12:00 am
Gender Climate Change and Agriculture in Africa (GECCA) is a regional non-profit organisation whose objective is to support research, capacity building, advocacy and advisory services on gender and disaster risk reduction (DRR) in Africa’s agricultural systems.
We are looking for dynamic, energetic, newly graduated interns who are eager to work with a growing institution to identify, design and execute projects, conduct and publish research, and support a range of publicity, advocacy and capacity building activities. Three positions are advertised under this call; (i) Communication and Publicity (ii) Program Officer, and Finance/Administrative Assistant.
- Communications and Publicity
– Build and maintain awareness of GECCA’s work using all forms of media and communications including social media;
– Help create and communicate key messages to target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill for GECCA activities;
– Assist with development of promotional and information materials;
– Support fundraising events;
– Monitor and inform of relevant articles, events and conferences related to GECCA areas of work.
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree in any of the fields of media and communication, social science and development studies
Key competencies: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, social media skills, and basic graphic design.
- Programs Officer
– Identify and grow partnerships for GECCA’s strategic pillars;
– Process grant applications and facilitate preparation of projects;
– Periodically update and maintain the experts database;
– Generate research content for publication (articles, blogs, policy briefs, etc)
– Periodically search and compile research CfPs in line to GECCA thematic areas;
– Provide backstopping to research teams for proposal development;
– Generate activity reports (monthly, quarterly, annual).
Education: Bachelor of Sciences degree in any of the following fields; agriculture, forestry, environment, .
Key competencies: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Teamwork, Proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Finance/Administration. Assistant
– Assist with finance planning and budgeting for the Secretariat operations
– Maintain finance records and files
Education: Degree or diploma qualification in finance and accounting
Key competencies: Accounting packages, good knowledge of Uganda’s finance and tax administration policies and regulations
The above positions are non-remunerated for the duration indicated (3 months), and with a possibility for extension into a salaried position based on individual performance and availability of funds . A stipend shall be provided to cover basic operational costs in line with the job description.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit a CV and cover letter indicating the position of interest, motivation and job suitability, and Certificate with transcript or Recommendation letter from the University to; email@example.com